Simple, delicious, and South African! What more could you want in a scrumptious homemade dessert? There’s something about a Peppermint Crisp Tart that makes all ages sigh with sweet treat relief after the very first bite. Whether you’re catering for the masses or spoiling the family to a midweek surprise, this pudding couldn’t be easier to prepare. The ingredients are local and the flavor tastes like home, it’s the kind of dessert that makes you proud to be a South African.
Before jumping straight into the ingredients, there’s one tool you’ll need to ensure that you achieve the perfect whip. Our nifty yet powerful little hand mixer earns top scores for efficiently mixing heavy cream, tough doughs and so much more. Adjustable speed settings and a turbo function mean you’ll achieve fluffy perfection in half the time you would usually spend when trying to fold in the mixture by hand.
We know just how much waiting for a dessert to set can test your patience. You want it now! Especially when you’ve already eaten dinner and everyone has to play the waiting game. Well, it’s a good thing that you can get 2 x times faster cooling with our one of a kind DualCooling Technology. Thanks to 2 separate fans in the fridge and freezer, advanced airflow prolongs freshness by maintaining humidity levels and ensures that no odor mixes between the compartments. This means a delicious, fast setting dessert in half the time.
The final product is not overly sweet, thanks to the peppermint and the fairly neutral biscuit layers, but it is still rich enough to satisfy some serious sweet tooth cravings. If you try this super easy recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram or Facebook, we would love to see your wonderful creations. Happy non-baking everyone!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tin caramel treat
- 500ml fresh cream
- 1 packet tennis biscuits
- 1 x 150g slab peppermint crisp chocolate
- Place the tennis biscuits in rows at the bottom of your desired dish, ensuring that the bottom of the dish is covered.
- Place the caramel in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the cream until stiff peaks form, being careful not to over-whip.
- Add the whipped cream and 100g of the grated peppermint crisp chocolate to the caramel and combine well.
- Spread a generous amount of the mixture over the tennis biscuits and spread evenly.
- Add another layer of tennis biscuits and caramel mixture and continue this process until your dish is full.
- Sprinkle the remaining peppermint crisp over the top and place in the fridge for 1 hour to set.