Yields 12 flapjacks
There are a few things in life that never get old, like flapjacks for breakfast!
Born in the Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine’s kitchen, Phumla’s sweet and easy to make Banana Flapjacks will soon become a morning staple.
The banana sauce is the perfect partner for these flapjacks. And so is our new range of 65cm hobs. We’ve used cutting-edge technology to ensure heat is distributed evenly, promising picture-perfect and pillowy soft flapjacks every time!
- 300g Villa Dore banana flour
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 Egg
- 3 Cups milk
- 60g Villa Dore Banana chips
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons sunflower oil (for frying)
- 65g Banana
- 30 ml Icing sugar
- 1 Teaspoon cinnamon
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Make a well and cut in the egg and milk mixture.
- Using a 6.5cm cutter, shallow fry flapjack in the butter and oil, adding more as required.
- Place a few banana chips into the mixture while cooking.
FOR BANANA SAUCE
- Liquidise your banana with icing sugar and cinnamon.
- Eat while hot and serve with maple syrup and crispy bacon