During a busy morning, it’s often easy to let a healthy breakfast fall to the bottom of the to-do list. However, taking a little time out your day to prepare a nutrient-packed meal will not only provide you with the fuel needed to tackle the morning ahead but it’s an important source of calcium, essential vitamins, protein and fibre.
You might be thinking how can a simple smoothie bowl pack so much goodness? That’s the beauty of our Vegan Berry Smoothie Bowl, it’s an antioxidant-rich blend of mixed berries, banana, chia seeds, and so many yummy whole foods. Plus to help you stay fuller for longer, you can load it up with all kinds of fabulous toppings since you don’t have to worry about slurping it through a straw.
Of course one needs to achieve that perfect thick consistency in order to spoon it out of the bowl. Our table blender is specifically designed to easily crush big chunks of frozen fruit, ice, and nuts without getting stuck at the bottom. This blender is so versatile that you can use it to purée roasted vegetables for soups or fresh ingredients for sauces.
For that restaurant-quality crunchy granola, our Slimline oven uses Thermofan+ Technology to give you delicious cooking done faster. This means that the oven creates ultra-efficient heat circulation which optimizes the cooking time while simultaneously enhancing the succulence and flavour of every meal. This smoothie bowl makes an unbelievably festive and satisfying breakfast or lunch, and you can easily double up the recipe for friends and family. If you want to up the protein, just add a scoop of protein powder or a couple of tablespoons of almond/peanut butter into the mix.
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen berries
- ¼ cup sliced almonds as protein
- Chia seeds
- Strawberries, sliced
- Coconut flakes
- 50ml water
- Blend fruits & water in power blender until smooth & creamy.
- Serve in a bowl and top with a sprinkling of chia seeds, strawberries, kiwi fruit & toasted coconut.
- Can be topped with any fruits, berries, nuts or seeds of your choice.
- 500ml rolled oats
- 250ml coconut 125ml almonds
- 125ml pecans
- 125ml mixed seeds
- 15ml cinnamon powder
- 5ml ginger powder
- 10ml vanilla essence
- 60ml canola oil
- 125ml honey
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Blend all ingredients in a large mixing bowl ensuring that all ingredients are coated in honey & oil.
- Spread evenly onto a greased baking tray and bake for 20 minutes and stir.
- Bake for another 20 minutes if necessary make sure that you stir occasionally so that the top layer of granola doesn’t burn.
- Allow to cool down completely and store in an airtight container.
- Sprinkle over your favourite smoothie bowl or enjoy with yoghurt or milk.