May and June are the months for celebrating and appreciating our parents through Mother's and Father's Day. The Defy Multicooker has up to 10 different cooking programs so you can cook up some amazing dishes for you loved one during this special time, like this Healthy Slow-cooked French Chicken stew - the perfect Mother's or Father's Day appreciation meal.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 900g skinless chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 1 large leek, thinly sliced
- 3 medium celery sticks, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra sprigs, to serve
- 125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 2 tsp gluten-free Dijon mustard
- 250ml (1 cup) Massel Salt Reduced Chicken Style Stock
- 400g can borlotti beans, rinsed, drained
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Bulla Cooking Cream
- 2 bunches baby carrots, peeled, trimmed
- 100g Chopped Kale
Step 1: Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in batches, turning, for 2-3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Step 2: Add the leek, celery, fennel, garlic and tarragon to the pan. Cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Add the wine and mustard. Simmer for 1 minute. Add the stock and bring to the boil. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours.
Step 3: Stir the borlotti beans and cream into the chicken mixture. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is very tender.
Step 4: Meanwhile, steam or boil the carrots and kale until the carrots are tender and the kale wilts. Step 5 Divide the French chicken among serving bowls. Season and sprinkle with extra tarragon. Serve with the carrots and kale.